Wilson's Promontory


Locations where the majority was typed up: Inside Andrew’s Car, Liz’s Car
Music: Wonderwall- Oasis
Eating: Fillet o Fish

So I’m back after my little holiday over the weekend and were on the journey home a couple of hours away from the light polluted Melbourne where you’re lucky to be able to see a few hundred of stars while out here in Wilson’s Promontory you were able to see literally thousands…

(Photo of the stars on our campfire night courtesy of Andrew’s technique (guarding the camera so it may be left in peace to expose) and camera Panasonic Lumix LX3 I’ve edited it a little in Photoshop mainly an overall burn, exposure to 100% set on midtones to increase the level of contrast and emphasize the brightness of the stars and some stars added in to make up for any stars lost in the burning process)

It was my final holiday before school life, although school did start Friday. So first day of the trip was spent mainly getting there, it was quite a long drive a few hours I think it was that was the best all the stuff ruching past and all that wind whirling around. Though it was better at night when the weather cooled down and it was night. Ah~ it was so nice that’s why I tend to like long drives.

Well we arrived there late and after settling in Andrew, David and I started drinking and we got a little tipsy so what did we decide to do? BUSHWALK! Note worthy things, Andrew’s fob-lish ranting and returning to good old school methods of remembering NESW, David’s self mutilation using the Excalibur and me carrying around a massive log/broken branch and naming it Excalibur MKII… best team ever! (Let’s not mention the sober crew that lost their bearings despite having twice the amount of people and not even coming back the way they came from.)

Videos of the Excalibur crew complete with subtitles will be viewable on the Queen blogger’s blog which can be found here "http://trangsblog.blogspot.com/"

Time spent outside disastrous walks in the woods was spent at the beach soaking up the sun, damming up all the rock pools resulting in making content children miserable again, and me running around taking photos of the landscape and the splash of waves against rocks cuz I got an idea for another manipulation. All that was done at squeaky beach where walking on the sand causes it to squeak cuz of the quarts in the sand or something… Well I got a bottle of that sand just for fun. Too bad it doesn’t squeak when you poke it with a finger, not that I was expecting much in the first place.

That night we got fire! As in we made a campfire and I took a lot of photos and i’ve begun to edit them kinda fun to be working with fire again. The fire ended up having a glow of purple in a number of photos because of the settings I was experimenting with. Took about a hundred odd photos of the ember the fire itself and the way some of the plants burned. I’m mainly working with the purple photos cuz I’ve been running away from the colour for far too long and I need to get used to it.

Alright then now it’s my turn to complain about my injury. Basically my foot slammed into a rock I couldn’t see that here was a hole cuz of the waves at whisky bay and my foot just fell into the hole and a chunk of skin of my big toe could be seen hanging off which I cut off and my second toe has a number of deep scratches. Well whatever it was well worth it, quite worth it acutally… Best holiday ever! Made complete with the arrival of our initially missing cubz!

It’s late now and I thought it would be best to finish this entry while it was still fresh. I got frees in the afternoon tomorrow so I’ll have time to slap up some of my pics then. Good Night! =3



3 comments:

  Trang

2/4/09, 1:48 AM

LoL at Queen blogger, you're a sweetheart.

I love how you reference, what camera, lens etc. for pics you post... it made me giggle.

Thanks again for your help on my most recent entry for Drewie, am nothing without u =)

  theee mizzMAI

2/4/09, 1:53 AM

nice work manly lumps!
because i read all ur blog u must read all mine! DEAL! :D

  Anonymous

2/4/09, 5:37 PM

i want foto.....