Shinji in the Snow +WIP+

Well this is what all my procrastination has gone into… Well since I can use it for studio arts the procrastination is contributing to my folio so it’s not a complete waste. I’m finally using my tablet all the way for this one and it’s kinda fun. It feels like i'm painting cuz everything is slowly coming to life it's a nice feeling... Looks like I’ll be learning how to use this thing properly soon enough.

Lines redrawn using tablet

Base colouring

Background… took forever… Eyes were fun to do as per normal.

Snow Effect (I used a special technique I made up to do this part =D )


I did all my jacket shading on my line work layer T_T why why why?! To most this probably means nothing, just know that I’ve been colouring in one of my lineworks and if you colour on the line work usually it been shit is going to happen aka big time waster now I’m frantically trying to find a way out of this. Although if you look on the bright side if I do have to redo it it would look better cuz it’s my second go and shading in this method but still…

(Hours later)

So well it’s the end of the day and I was able to fix it but I had to reshade some parts… This is what I gotten so far and it will be finished tomorrow if I can finish my English oral preparations in time… or better yet a can finish it at school… yay for studio arts!

What it looks like now.

Changed the jackets colour and completely shaded it to. Changed the fur colour and shaded some of that too.

(Several Hours Later)

Huh… O_o? I though I posted up this entry like a few hours ago… opps well I guess I can add in a few foot notes. All the pics have been shrunk dramatically. These WIPs are only a sixth of the real size. I have done more now so all that needs to be done is the shine on the metal and a few colour adjustments. I’ve also changed a few colours too and that’s done. So I’m pretty damn sure it will be done by tomorrow.

3 comments:

  theee mizzMAI

2/24/09, 6:30 PM

looks damn good vic.
ben and his little brother alex both have tablets - they think they're the best things on earth. i never knew u had one!
well ur very talented my love... who knows where u got this gene from, you and liz - both a rare breed in our family.
*wink*

  Kurayami

2/24/09, 8:49 PM

Aww... So sweet Mizz Mai =D Thanks for the support!

"rare breed in our family"

O_o?! You make liz and i sound... so special...

  theee mizzMAI

2/26/09, 10:18 PM

*cackly witch voice*

you areeeeee special...