This will be my Art Blog and my Life Blog


Location: Andrew’s car and house
Music: Venus and Braves OST

Alright then, if you haven’t noticed or i haven't told you, I think this is going to become a bit of my art blog as well as my normal blog, the idea came to me cuz it looks like Blogspot is much easier to post up pictures than Live Journal. I’ll be roughly explaining my process half for my sake and if anyone wants to know and perhaps try it out, PM me if you do I would love to see it =D. In terms of art all you’ll be seeing are my WIPs (work in progress) every so often and final products.

Some of the things that I do are a few somewhat decent drawings and colourings of my OCs (original characters) most are human but three of them are “kemonos”, anthropomorphic characters drawn in a Japanese style, anthropomorphic means half human half animal (if you still don’t get it uh… just smile and nod… ah yes, what all non English speaking parents are recommended to do at parent teacher nights), i’ll post one of those soon.

In addition, you will be seeing some of my photo manipulations. I’m a pyro so I have a bit of an obsession with fire and yet I also have an obsession with ice (as in water not the drug). For landscapes, my favourite scenes are beaches, snow scapes, mountain, sunsets/sunrises. I tend to enhance my photos quite heavily on Photoshop (normally CS2) however usually stick to the original subject matter. However, I use fire and ice in a more contemporary style. Often I like to head for a monochromatic colour scheme for example, just using reds, oranges and yellows.

(Sunset Dawn, Studio Arts Second Semester Folio, My second final, an example of using a monochromatic colour scheme it’s just a few months old most of you have already seen this)

I am actually somewhat red deficient so what you see in my pictures will actually be more red than what I can see. You might be able to notice it now that I’ve mentioned it. That’s why I tend to stay away from pinks and purples… and I hate when teachers use red on the white board… and yet my favourite colour is red… -.- I feel great... Anyway, forgive me for any strange colours that may appear in my work and I appreciate it if you could tell me when such things occur. Otherwise, I hope you’ll look forward to my creations as much as I do making them.

5 comments:

  theee mizzMAI

2/2/09, 4:03 PM

vic i really like that picture... where was it take? so creative u are ;)
me so proud.
and omg! i never knew u were red deficient. since when? like always?
oh my mit mai, i feel like such a bad cousin! :(

keep posting vic. i loves to read :D

  Trang

2/3/09, 2:06 AM

Hahaha... it's better than feeling like a bad sister. I never knew he was red deficient either!

Yay!! Can't wait to see more art posts. You have to put the one of the ice up... it's my all time fave!

  Trang

2/3/09, 2:13 AM

Hey go look at this, you might be interested. I took it off Sunshine's latest post.

http://www.toxel.com/

  Anonymous

2/3/09, 11:30 AM

since it IS going to be an artblog... you should customize your blog appearence with your artwork

this calls for a Consulting Meeting with the Creative Dreamteam M&T Blogspot Consuling!!!

(muse & technical or OR OR!!!!!.....

Mai & Trang)

***The Creative Dreamteam M&T Blogspot Consuling: A team consisting of two blogger with the dream to enhance the internet with stories of THEMSELVES (oh and people they know... but mainly themselves)

They are available weeknites (weeknites being at nites ie 12am-2am) for those who needs:

1. To carefully think of creative ways to enhance your blog. (or just stand there being Muses themselves)

2. To offer technical help. True professional who they themselve have creative beautiful blog pages.

If there ever an event to be documented, they'll be there!
If there ever a blog problem, they'll be there!
If there ever a comment to be left they'll be there!

...except when camera are present...in which case... They'll be there as soon as they have a VERY GOOD foto (+ 1)....

  Kurayami

2/3/09, 11:56 PM

Thanks of the encouragement everyone, I really appreciate it! =D My red deficiency is quite slight but it is strong enough for me to notice over time and it does get in the way of the colours I use I don’t tell many people cuz it doesn’t really get in the way of anything and the topic never arises so I’m not surprised at the response. =P

Photo was taken just like a five or ten minute walk away from home. Some of the best pics are waiting just around the corner =)

You pose an interesting thought PB, I shall consult Creative Dreamteam M&T and seek their incredible taste in décor.