Naps...

Alright so this is something that happened like Wednesday night and I was going to rant about it while it was happening but I ran into Chinese ppls art blogs that had anthro characters and got distracted (good art thought I hate the language barriers)… I even drew a quick sketch for this entry too on the day but well laziness kicked in and stuff happened.

Any way, what happened was that on Wednesday I had no afternoon classes to attend so I come home lay in bed and started playing games. Started feeling sleepy cuz I haven’t had any nights with a full 8 hours so I decide to take a nap. Now there’s the whole 20 minute power nap thing which I feel to be a bunch of crap cuz really they make me more tired. I decide I’ll strictly stick to a hone hour nap any more will make me unable to sleep later tonight. I set my 5 consecutive alarms and take a nap and I wake up two hours later…

Now this is what pisses me off my naps are always 2 hours no less no more and the thing is even when I enforce a 20 minute power nap I slap the snooze till the alarm stops trying and then I wake up two hours later. What ended up happening though was that I started thinking that I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night so I tried to keep sleeping after the nap but I’m too bloody frustrated at how I slept too long so I get stuck in this half awake half sleep state until finally fully waking up at midnight…


Can't sleep

Drew that in like 30 minutes and coloured it just then but yeah I ended up dying the next day cuz my body started to think that I was meant to go to sleep at 3pm… Which I actually wouldn’t mind, the night was really quiet and nice… Well anyway I haven been posting any “good” art up cuz I working on my finals and would prefer to show them when I actually finish things it’s been ages since I coloured anything so I guess colouring that pic quickly was a good reminder of what I do. Did line work for one of them so I’ll put that up soon.

3 comments:

  Sethvir

8/17/09, 12:05 AM

What you need is a *proper* full night's rest for once...
Nice drawing too...

  Trang

8/17/09, 3:38 AM

I wonder if I have the right to give you a lecture on sleeping normal hours?

  theee mizzMAI

8/19/09, 9:40 PM

no trang. u definitely have no authority there.

i was reading in a mag the other day that to enforce proper sleep u must sleep at around the same time each day and wake up around the same time each day. power naps should be 15-20 minutes so that they don't throw off ur regular sleep pattern, but i think that only counts if u have a regular sleep pattern which none of us do LOL.