Cooking Time! Chawan-mushi!

Yep, so recently i decided to try my had at making a Japanese savory egg flan like thing... i dunno but it's nice! They came out really well only thing that is a bit bad is that they're slightly a little too salty but considering it's the first time i'm not too shattered. It was kinda interesting cuz one of the ingredients was mirin (japanese cooking alcohol) and that stuff tastes really nice on it's own... it's got a really nice sweetness. Course i didn't drink a cup of it or anything but yeah.

Photos from my phone! They're not too good but you get the picture... I can't find my digital camera...


There was originally 5 cups but i didn't think of taking a photo until later... =w=

The whole batch is gone now so i might try to make some more pretty soon and try to master the taste and then i can get the presentation down!

4 comments:

  Lynh

6/20/10, 6:49 AM

mmm. yummo Vic! Feed me this when you master it! Yay!

  Trang

6/21/10, 10:31 PM

Make me more mooshu cups brother...

  Kurayami

6/22/10, 3:30 PM

I will lynh! I'll make more soon.

  p.b

6/25/10, 12:36 PM

It was yummy!

victor makes special batch for me (no tofu, no mushroom) victor goes downstair and come back up

'Hey Liz, can i try some of yours-"
'SLURPS... oh sorry...'